Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Paris

I am so excited. Just when I thought life couldn’t get any better, it has. The sun is out, the birds are singing and Paris and Nicole are friends again. Yes, it's true. I was reading my favorite news channel, E-online.com and suddenly there it was... I find it all a bit overwhelming and the tears of joy are collecting in my eyes, blurring the world around me, casting everything in the same soft light often reserved for close-ups of Doris Day.

Who would have thought? Who would have imaged that all the prayers would eventually pay off? I didn’t. I had given up hope and was just about to choose sides. I have spent the last 18 months going back and forth. Odd days for Paris and even ones for Nicole. That means that Paris got a few more as some months end on an odd day, giving her 2 days in a row of my allegiance, something that has caused enormous guilt for me. This whole reconciliation is better than putting an end to world hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment