Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Life

So last night I was watching Steel Magnolias and suddenly it hit me. I wasn't merely watching a film, I was looking at scenes from my life as it is going to be in about 10 years. I would hope for a better wardrobe but suddenly everything came into focus. I could see my friends in the movie's characters and suddenly I started casting for my own version of Steel Magnolias, which I may just make in to a musical complete with a dancing Armadillo. I, being the older and more bitter among my friends would have to be Ouiser. Marco, given his height and special flair when it comes to hair and fashion is probably the only one that could take on the part of Annelle. Who else could carry off the line "I swear that my personal tragedies will not interfere with my ability to do good hair"? Of course, now that I think about it, that role could also be shared by Adam as I could totally hear him saying that he needed to prepare a dish that 'freezes beautifully'. Clairee could only be properly handled by Nik as he is the one who knows everyone and loves a good gossip. "If you can't say anything nice about somebody, come sit next to me"- Yep, that line just screams Nik. Ulco, being the more mothering and responsible type would make a picture perfect M'Lynn, his hair coiffed up into a brown football hemet and Joe, being the baby of the bunch would have to be Shelby, only with less poofy hair. Of course, we wouldn't have any dramatic death scenes or anything like that, just a bunch of us hanging out in the salon, drinking cocktails and making fun of each other, which isn't that far from what we already do. The only one missing is Truvy... hmmm... need to find someone to take care of all of our beauty needs so we can focus on the more important issues of the day, like who is doing who (or is it whom?). Guess I need to go out and make some more friends. Perhaps someone deadly with a hair dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment