Monday, January 22, 2007

First Day at Work

The first full day in the office, and it is indeed a first full day. My driver picked me up at 9 this morning and 10 minutes later I was at the office where now at 1am the following day, I am still here to ensure that we meet a deadline, will then go home, sleep and be picked up again at the same time. Working in India is different from anywhere I have worked before, the main difference being the "Office Boy" who fetches us anything at all that we want or need. We do not get our own water, tea, pens, paper or even run out to get our own lunch or Diet Coke. That is all done for us. The water machine is about 5 meters away and still it gets brought to me. It feels quite odd to me to have someone do those kinds of tasks, but that is the way it works here and it provides someone with a job they may not otherwise have…

 

Not much else to say right now as I haven't experienced anything outside the office today and I never write about my actual work. Hopefully a slightly different story tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment