Friday, September 01, 2006

It's a Miracle

Just when I had given up hope I see that God does indeed answer prayers. He does, and I should know. For years I have been asking for only 2 things... I have burned incense at temples in China, lit candles at the Duomo in Milan, bowed toward Mecca, worn rosaries and given money to charity and now at last all my hard earned efforts are paying off... My wildest dreams are about to come true... Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place are going to be released on DVD in November. Brandon, Brenda, Dylan, Kelly, Donna, David, Jake, Sydney, Alison, Billy, Matt, Kyle, Amanda and Dr. Kimberly Shaw... The people I would dream were my friends and the people I so desperately aspire to be will soon be living with me.

Who can forget how Donna so insistantly clung to her virginity despite many pressures from her also virginal boyfriend David? And the love triangles.. Did Dylan really love Brenda or did he prefer Kelly? I am still trying to sort that one out... And then there was the time when Jane killed Richard but she didn't do it good enough and so she had to kill him again and who can forget when Kimberly, that's Dr. Shaw to you, who we all presumed dead after the horrible car accident thanks to Michael drinking and driving, reappearing before a shocked Michael who immediately took her to dinner at some upscale restaurant where she ended up pulling off her hair in the ladies room to reveal the ugly scar which we all knew meant nothing but trouble for Michael and the rest of the Melrose Place gang...

Lies, adultery, murder, blackmail, prostitution and drugs... All of my favorite subjects and the very things that make life worth living...

And as if the DVD release of Melrose Place isn’t reason enough to celebrate, I have what I am sure is even bigger news… I have decided to continue in that current Hollywood trend of reviving Aaron Spelling shows for the big screen but I am going to take mine just one baby-step further… I intend to do for prime-time soaps what Oprah did for Miss Celie. I have decided that I am going to write, produce, direct and star in “Melrose Place the Musical.” I feel I owe it to my theatre going public. You have all been kept from my overwhelming talents for far too long. I am going to pull a Norma Desmond and step back into the spotlight that has been so lonely without me.

I am sure that with such musical numbers as “Richard is dead… no he’s not, let’s kill him again”, “I’m gay but can’t get no satisfaction”, “Who you calling an alcoholic?”, “A scar doesn’t make me psycho”, “50 ways to poison your wife” and of course the ones that are sure to become classics on all the Best of Broadway collections, “Whatever!” and “Let’s fake our own deaths” I will be the new toast of theatre world... And they thought Cats was now and forever...

Well, that's enough excitement for one day I think... Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment