Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another Day...


This morning, I had a follow-up appointment with the eye doctor. I had an exam last week and in the time between, some of the swelling had gone down, so that is good news. I have been wearing an eye-patch for the past two weeks, but now I am trying to get along without it, so my eyes can start trying to work together and hopefully correct or improve my vision. If it is not better in three months, then surgery might be an option.

One of the big mysteries is what caused the stroke. I have been tested for everything under the sun and nothing has come back as a possible cause. It makes me nervous since not knowing the cause makes it harder to figure out how to prevent anything further happening. I am not the fittest person, but I am fitter than most. I also don’t smoke, do drugs or drink heavily. I eat pretty healthy, have no history of high blood pressure, hypertension, diabetes or anything else that might point to risk.

I have also noticed that my voice has changed. Not sure if that is temporary or not. I find it strange that I don’t sound like myself, at least not to me. Today I discovered that I can’t sneeze. I feel like I will, but then it doesn’t happen. Sometimes I will have a sort of half-cough – coughing is another thing I can’t do right now – but usually the feeling to sneeze just vanishes.

Today I feel a bit better emotionally than yesterday. I will have some lunch and then strap on the leg weights and do my exercises before going outside to walk. The walking is going a little better, some days definitely better than others, but I have to remind myself that two weeks ago, I could not walk at all.

Right now my biggest obstacles are not letting the boredom get to me, not letting the frustration and depression take hold and also not giving into the almost overwhelming desire to stay in bed and sleep all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment