Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The New Sultan

I have moved to East of Kailash, but East of Kailash is not, as the name would lead one to believe, east of a place named Kailash. I am actually east of Defence Colony, south of Lajpat Nagar, west of Nehru Place and north of Kailash. NORTH. It is a ten minute walk south to reach the Kailash Market, where I just went for lunch. So where, I beg to know, does the “east” in East of Kailash come from? There is a Mount Kailash in Tibet, which would place me southwest of Kailash in that case. Perhaps East of Kailash just sounded better than North of Kailash or South of Lajpat Nagar. I can honestly say that West of Nehru Place doesn’t really roll off the tongue as other names do. It's all so very confusing...

I did take a stroll around the area and discovered that I am exactly one street removed from Amar Colony, placing my little abode directly East of Amar. That sounds exotic to me. Dilemma settled.

I hereby dub myself the new Sultan of East of Amar.

No comments:

Post a Comment