Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Loose Change

When it comes time to get caught up on the news of the world, there is only one place for me to turn. CNN. Try as I might, I have not yet found another news source so adept at infotainment. Thanks to CNN, I have been kept completely up to date with the birth of Brad and Angelina's baby, Carmen Electra's divorce, Oprah's response to the gay rumors and the tasty tidbits they manage to occassionally squeeze in about that little war going on in Iraq. And this breaking news just in... a headline from the top of the CNN website - Christie Brinkley's husband says "I'm sorry"- Now if that isn't news, what is? Yesterday, thanks again to CNN, I got brought completely up to date on the world of inflatables and their related tragedies. It seems that in the UK, there was an inflatable piece of art that was tethered to the ground and the visitors could actually go inside or climb on top of (not really sure which it was, I was just in shock such a thing even existed) and while full of or covered with guests, whichever the case may be, a gust of wind came along, blowing the aforementioned piece of inflatable art 30 feet into the air, afterwhich is came crashing down, killing 2 and injuring others. I only just discovered the niche world of inflatable news, otherwise that bulletin would have passed by unnoticed. Thanks CNN. (Oh, and if anyone from CNN is reading this, I'm still waiting on pics of baby Suri!)

Speaking of news (and I have not checked this out myself), I was reading in the latest issue of Vanity Fair (my other reliable news source) about a documentary around 9/11 put together by some guys that just had some questions like "How did American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon, disappear into a 20 foot hole, leaving no trace of its 124-foot wingspan on the building?" and discreprencies like how Hani Hanjour (one of the alleged hijackers of American Airlines Flight 77) who had trouble controlling and landing a single engine cessna when he did test runs, managed to execute a perfect 330-degree turn at 530 miles per hour, descending at 7,000 feet in two and a half minutes, in order to crash the 757 into the Pentagon. According to a former commercial and air-force pilot, "(Flight 77) could not possibly have flown at those speeds which they said it did without going into a high-speed stall". Those are just a couple of the many discreprencies, questions and issues the documentary and site raise. The site is at www.loosechange911.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment