Friday, November 17, 2006

Railway Adventure

Another weekend, another trip to Brussels. I was ready for a few days of fun, adventure and cocktails and it is not yet 2300 and already I have had more than enough adventure. I had been imagining lots of champagne while surrounded by all sorts of beautiful people until the wee small hours of the morning. What I got instead, was a police report from the little station at Brussels Midi describing the small suitcase that until 30 minutes before had been in my possession. At the last stop before hitting Brussels, some guy inn a striped sweater ran through the car, grabbed my suitcase from, the overhead rack and ran out the door just before the doors closed. Fortunately for me, I had my wallet, keys, iPod, phone and passport in another bag I still have with me. That would have been a disaster. I am now at Nik’s, having borrowed his flat while he is in Amsterdam, have located the Bacardi Razz and Sprite and made myself a rather strong cocktail. I still have no idea how much of everything to mix, so I use the old logic that if a little is good, a lot must be better. So here I sit, mourning the loss of my favorite Prada sweater, my favorite Prada shirt and my favorite Paul Smith shirt.

Tomorrow will now be a day of shopping as I have no socks, underwear, toothbrush and worst of all, no product for my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment