Saturday, August 16, 2008

Excuse me?

Over cocktails at Diva...


Me: "I love the MAC shaving cream."
Anjali: "Is there really any difference between shaving creams?"
Me: "Grow some facial hair and then we’ll talk."
Anjali: "I have facial hair. I just got threaded today."
Me: "Could I get another martini, please? Thanks."

And still at Diva...

Me: "I just ordered curtains for the bedroom."
Chris: "Great!"
Me: "They are brown with a pinkish color in them."
Chris: "You got pink curtains?"
Me: "Not pink, they have splashes of pink in them. well, a greyish pink, really"
Chris: (Scrunching up her face at me) "Pink? For guys? Well, then again, it’s you."
Danielle: "When I was in Nicaragua..."

ThreeSixty at the Oberoi...

(To set the scene, the Oberoi is rated one of the best hotels in the world, the conversation was between a rather loud Frenchman and the Indian chef while the Frenchman’s bleached blonde wife/mistress looked on with a scowl.)

Frenchman: "This is the worst meal I have ever had on the plate."
Chef: "Sir, I am really sorry, I could…"
Frenchman: "My wife and I we come here for the Indian foods and this is not Indian foods. You don’t know how to cook the Indian foods. How is this possible?"
Chef: "Sir, I really apologize…"
Frenchman: "I have had the chicken curry all over the entire world and I come to India and you give me this dish that is not the chicken curry. How is this possible?"
Chef: "Sir, I really apologize, I can get you another…"
Frenchman: "This is not the Indian foods. I know the Indian foods and this is not the Indian foods. All over the world I eat the Indian foods and this is not the Indian foods. How is this possible that you make so bad the Indian foods?"
Chef: "Sir, I can arrange a table for you at the Italian restaurant next door…"
Frenchman: "We are on a diet. We don’t eat the pizzas. This is not the Indian foods. I have had the Indian foods all over the world. The spices, they are all wrong. This is not the Indian foods. How is this possible?"

For 10 minutes the conversation went around in this circle. We left our table while it was still going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment