Monday, January 05, 2009

A New Year's Resolution

I know I am a few days late with my resolution, but I have a good excuse. The fact of the matter is, I just didn't have one that seemed worthwhile. I tried and tried to come up with one that would something I would stick with. No need to give up smoking, as I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I eat healthy. And there is no way I am going to let a new year get in the way of my bubbles.

So, lacking a resolution of my own, I decided to borrow someone else's and make it my very own. The only problem is that most of my friends don't do the resolution thing. I was stranded and had no idea where to turn.

Fortunately for me, help was not so far away. In fact, it was at the tip of my fingertips. I let them do the walking and suddenly I found myself at Shilpa Shetty's website. Shilpa, in case you aren't up to speed became famous when she was on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK. Somebody made some comment about her and for the first time in her life, she was global, front-page news. That was followed up by a little kiss from Richard Gere that had people burning photos of both of them. Her stardom was sealed.

Now, she has unknowingly come to my rescue, saving me from a year without a resolution when she uttered these words: "I'm sure everyone has a new year resolution. Mine this year is to fight terrorism in whatever way I can. Make it yours too." 

How could I resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment