Saturday, March 08, 2014

The Haunting


One thing I like about my apartment is that I have a nice view of the city. I can see the entire strip area. It is a little interrupted, but for the most part, just great! So yesterday evening as the sun was going down and the lights of Las Vegas were coming up, I was sitting in my living room on the floor as I have no furniture. I had been working on a website all day and decided to relax with a beer. A friend came over to see the place and as we were chatting, I glanced at my front door. That is when I saw the face in my door looking back. I know I have an over-active imagination and so I asked my friend if he noticed anything odd at my front door. He immediately mentioned the face. And it was looking toward the fireplace, or the wall that separates my bedroom from the living room. I took a photo of it as I wanted to see if it was just my eyes or if it would be picked up by camera – a little something I learned watching Ghost Hunters at Ken and Charise’s. Thanks guys, loving it right about now!

Over the past couple of weeks, it has become something of a regular thing to have a morning coffee and chat with my friend John. A few days ago, he decided to do the Starbucks run and brought over some coffee. He goes into my room and lies on the bed, as that is the only furniture I have save for a folding table holding the computer. Space is my furniture at the moment. A few minutes later he asks me is someone died in this room. I thought it was an odd question, but I asked him why and he pointed out the tiny red splatter marks on the ceiling. I can see them now as I type this.

And in addition to all of this, I have heard sounds like someone is in my house. And the other day, I know I left the sliding door to the balcony open, as I almost always have it open unless I am sleeping and when I went back in, it was closed. Maybe I forgot I closed it, but I only remembered walking in, opening it, and I remember opening it as the lock had just been fixed and I had to unlock it to open it and then I went into my room to change and when I went back to step outside and get some fresh air, it was closed.

You can imagine how my imagination has been shifted into overdrive.  Was this a CSI location? A primary crime scene? Something from Criminal Minds? Do I go to the office and ask them if there was anything in my apartment? I did do a Google search and found someone had been shot and killed in this community a few years ago. But this is Vegas and that can be said for almost anywhere.

I think it’s kind of cool to have the face in the door. It adds a little something to the place. I am kind of curious if it will go away. Do I go all Sixth Sense and try communicating? See if she – and there seems to be agreement it is a she – has unfinished business? Do I try to get her to pass into the light or at least through the door? In all seriousness, I am not at all freaked out, I actually find it really cool in a Scooby mystery kind of way.

I guess I need to log into Netflix and catch up on Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Activity. And I know there are clues here somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment